Monday, November 24, 2008

Not As Happy Monday

I'm drowsy today. One more day for the weekend would have been nice. OK, I am being negative. The truth is, once I get a nap this morning, this week will be great! Only 2 days of school and 2 days of work for Dan. He has Wed-Fri off like the kids do. We are going to go to the Museam of Idaho and see the Displays about Pharaohs as a family onWednesday. Should be fun. Then ,we have Thanksgiving with the Lewis Family here in Rigby with Bar-B-Q'd Turkey. Yum, Yum!

Now, about this last weekend, I still agree with myself that it wasn't long enough, but--IT WAS FUN! My sister, Margie was here. We did stuff. Girl stuff. We set up a blog for my family, for one thing. We are tracking our exercising together and encouraging each other. I am having fun with that already! Then, after helping Dan by getting the Christmas Lights untangled, we were off to see--wait for it--TWILIGHT! We both had a great time there. I totally loved discussing the ins and outs of the movie with someone who cared! I loved the "glitter effect", but I wish Edward would have been smiling. Flying through the tree, great! Edward saving Belle in (what was the name of that town?) Awesome. Should I say that I wish they would have done a better job on the movie? I guess I said it. I will see it again, though.

But then, Margie, Kristin and I went to see "The Forgotten Carols". Oh wow. Emotion. I saw it the first year it came out while I was at Ricks College back in 1991. I have listened to the tape every year since (now I have a CD) and I have the book. Seeing it again live was a dream come true. I love the power of a live performance. I loved sharing that with Kristin. She loved it, too. And then Margie! She drove up her to see it with me. Thanks, Marge! She saw it when she was in College in St. George, Ut on the 10 year anniversary. She loves it, too. Margie and I did not want to leave the Theatre, but there comes a point in time when you have to move on. So, we did. She bought the book, I bought the CD, and Kristin had the program and we stood in line to get our stuff signed. Next year, I would like to take Dan. I think I could come up with someone to take every year.

2 comments:

shuttle5 said...

Well, I just have to say that I'm jealous--as I am every time one of my kids gets to see another one of my kids. And, to get to go OUT together! I'd love that. AND, I'll sure miss the BBQ Turkey! Love, Mom Ü

Linda Clark said...

Well, I didn't notice that I was on Aunt Marilyn's account. I don't think that should mess anything up. Ü