Thursday, November 20, 2008

Tyler is 10

Happy Birthay, Tyler

Tyler on the "Dumbo" ride at Disneyland



Tyler and Brent on a Fire Truck Game at Legoland

Tyler and Brent love each other!


Tyler turned 10 on Monday. I didn't think I would be sad to see my children get older, but when I think back to how little Tyler used to be, I get a strong sense of nastalgia. He used to climb up the entertainment system and into the washing machine. He would do a "no-no", and then turn around and smile at me, and all would be well with the world. His smile still lights up a room. He still loves a good "scratch-back". He loves to creep around in the over-grown bushes "hunting". He plays really well with Brent and Rebekah. As strong as the sense of nastalgia is, I wouldn't change the growth in him. He watches out for Rebekah more than he teases her. He loves to go to Cub Scouts. He helps make lunch for school in the mornings. He gives lessons during Family Home Evening. Yep, I could never give that up. He still likes snuggle time and a bedtime story. He loves to wrestle with his dad and his brother. And if he does a "no-no", when he smiles, all is right with the world.

No comments: