Friday, December 26, 2008

Now on to Happy New Year!

It snowed and snowed yeterday. it stopped us from going to my sister's in Utah. Bummer. I have to check the weather to see if we can go today.

Yesterday was a great day. The kids were all happy. That made me happy. I was sooo happy. We got a new Popcorn Popper from my mom and microwave popcorn from Dan's mom. So happy. My sister, Margie, gave us scarves, hats, a shirt, a plastic carrot and some "coal" to make smowmen! I love it. Also, some Snow Art stuff. You paint the snow with it. The kids are excited to try it out. Dan's mom gave the kids a snow block maker and a snow ball maker. A form, I guess you would call it. The boys tried that out last night. They work really well. Kristin got a Jewelry Box and the movie "Tinker Bell". She also got a new Scripture Case. Tyler got a Calvin and Hobbes comic book and Legos. Brent got shirts, a soft sweatshirt, speaker wire, a flash drive and legos. Rebekah got a Journal, "Scripture Scouts: The Articles of Faith", A Princess hand held game thing, and some princess crayons. In her stocking she got some Campbell's soup that has Princess shaped noodles--Ariel, Cinderella, a castle, a shoe--She screamed!!!! It was so cute. I hope I got that one recorded. I got a Kitchen Aid mixer and Dan is getting his Baby Grand Piano fixed. We should get that next week on New Year's Eve. That is his Christmas, Birthday, Father's Day, Valentine's Day.... Hopefully, we will have kids starting piano lessons soon.
We had a huge breakfast of eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy and hash browns. Dan loved that! I took a 3 hour nap. We watched movies and just had a nice relaxing day. We are so grateful Dan has a job and that we are healthy and warm and happy and that we have each other. We hope all of you are happy and healthy as well. Now, let's move on to that Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have a blog account or anything but I just had to take a minute and catch up on what has been happening in your family. I am so happy that you are feeling well. I am doing pretty good. No depression yet. I am too busy for that. I painted my living room/dining room last week and I painted the wood trim in the living room/dining room this week plus cleaned up my house after having the kids at home for several weeks. I sure miss you. You can always make me laugh and feel better. Our van broke down last week so I have been without a car and going insane. But it has given me a chance to paint my living room/dining room and to clean my house. There is always a bright side. That is the one thing I have learned from you Karen.

Thanks for everything.

Love ya,
Crystal

shuttle5 said...

A nap on Christmas is pretty important, if not critical! Sounds very fun. I had no idea there was such a thing as Princess soup!

shuttle5 said...

Oh my gosh, what a great idea to give snowmen clothes and accessories for the kids! Great idea, Margie. (*.*)