Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hurray for Tyler!

Australian Christmas Bush


Tyler had a two page type written report due yesterday and he did it! It was about Christmas in another country. He chose Australia. There had to be illustrations and everything. He did the research--I just helped here and there. He was so excited to have it done. Success! He had to find a Carol from that country. They have a Aussie version of "12 days of Christmas" and "Jingle Bells" Here is a little of "Jingle Bells"


Dashing through the bush
In a rusty Holden Ute
Kicking up the dust
Esky in the boot
Kelpie by my side
Singing Christmas songs
It's summer time and I am in
My singlet, shorts and thongs
Oh, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells
Jingle all the way
Christmas in Australia
On a scorching summer's day
Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells
Christmas time is beaut
Oh what fun it is to ride
In a rusty Holden Ute!

And on from there. I thought that was pretty fun. Santa comes on a Surf Board or Boat at the Beach. It is a busy day at the beach and with camping. It reminded me of what our Memorial Day is like (in California, I guess).


The week before the essay was due, he had to memorize the 50 states and capitals. I thought he was going to melt down right in front of my eyes, but he pulled through and got it done and then did a victory dance--which was running down the stairs to turn on the computer and play!


He started Webelos last week and loves that. We haven't worked on the requirements with Scouts, but he loves going and I like that he learns good stuff.
So, hurray for Tyler for getting the job done! Way to slam it!

1 comment:

shuttle5 said...

I wonder what a Holden Ute is! What a clever song. Awesome job, Tyler, on that paper.