Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday, Monday

A start of another week. What shall we do this time? Probably some homework, although Rebekah's homework load has been cut back since the state testing is done. Kristin says school may as well be over since the testing is done. So, it sounds to me like they make a big deal out of the testing. She is reading "Pride and Prejudice" for English and is loving it. She had started the book before, but was not interested. Maybe this will open up a new kind of book for her.
An update on the cavities. Brent weighed in with none, so we are still at one cavity. Dan doesn't usually have cavities and his appointment isn't until June, so we will mark ourselves a winner!

This weekend, Kristin and I went shopping together. It was so fun. She really keeps me entertained. She has been pretty tired lately and struggling to want to get homework and stuff done, but she had a great day on Saturday and it really helped me have a great day. Brent is working on studying for the big AP Biology test next week. If he passes the test, he gets college credit for the class. We shall see. He has definitely learned alot in the class, so I am happy. He signed up for dual credit classes next year. That means he gets High School credit and college credit because they are college classes. This summer he wants to work at a scout camp. He would be gone Sunday evening to Saturday afternoon. He is really excited about it because a few of his friends are working there, too. He will turn 16 after about 2 weeks of that and then get paid. So, he is trying to find out if there are any positions available for him. He went to their big information meeting and got positive feedback. Should be fun for him. I would have leftovers after dinner again!

Good news! Dan has been able to work in the basement again! He has had some good help, too. The trim is done around the doors and this week he and a friend will be doing the windows. Then I can order blinds. Dan and his dad got the sprinkler hose hooked up--it goes through the ceiling of the downstairs bathroom. The sprinler guy came and did his thing in the ceiling to have things ready, and then Dan and his dad started drywalling the bathroom! He is thinking we should be able to paint in a couple weeks, now that he is a mud and texture expert. We really appreciate the help. It is great how every step changes the look of things. Progress. I like progress.

I got a new calling at church. I am in the Primary Presidency now. It is actually a very fun presidency, I just hope I can carry my load. I missed a meeting and a Sunday already, but at least the President knows what she is getting into. I told her it wouldn't hurt my feelings if she ever felt she needed to release me. But, until then, I am going to do my best! I am in charge of getting the Primary Program written. wow. Big. I haven't done that before, so I am excited and nervous about it. I am excited to be in there with Tyler and Rebekah. I was in Primary with Brent and Kristin alot, so now it is the other's turn. Should be good. There are some great new primary songs I don't know, too! Very fun.

Tyler got up. It is early in the a.m. He is reading Harry Potter #2. Yes, another Harry Potter fan! Lookin' forward to the next movie!

4 comments:

Grant and Stacy said...

Good luck with your new calling. The RS will miss you, but the primary will LOVE IT!

Lauren's Latest said...

I'm in the primary presidency, too! We should chat...

shuttle5 said...

Did he pass the AP Biology test?? It's fun to hear about everything!

Linda Clark said...

So, what is the subjec this year for the Primary program? That could be a fun, creative project if you get a good idea to run with...