Wednesday, January 28, 2009

How About 20 Below?

With the wind chill factor, of course. I went Visiting Teaching today, and my friend said that yesterday she went running in the morning before she knew how cold it was and she had to keep blinking so that her eyes wouldn't freeze. Wow. School was cancelled yesterday because it was so cold. The kids did there chores and Brent went and hung out with a friend. So did Tyler. Kristin did some sewing and Rebekah played with play dough when no one was available to play with her. I spent the day in the kitchen. Made and froze Fried Rice for breakfasts, made and froze 3 tuna loafs, ground spelt to make spelt bread packets for the bread machine, put a loaf in the bread machine, made Chili and Tiajuana Pie (yum!) and cleaned it all up. I forgot to do Rebekah's homework with her, though. Oops. The plumber came and switched the water for the new washer to the left side of the wall instead of the right. We got a new washer and dryer and the doors are opposite of what we had, so we had to switch the plumming. The piano guy came to work on the piano. We have a Baby Grand. This is a piano that we have had since Kristin was born (she is 13), but it needed work, so we haven't used it. Well, here in Idaho Falls, Dan found a guy to fix it, so long story short, we have the piano back and it works now. It is just down to the final tweeks and lots of tunings. Kristin starts piano lessons tonight. Hurray! A new commitment. OK, that was a little sarcastic, but the truth is, I am excited she gets to have lessons. I am excited the piano works. I am glad we have the means to provide lessons for her and I am glad the piano teacher lives down the street, even though I do have to drive her because it is 20 below after dark! Only with the wind chill, though!
We got a bid from a plumber for the bathroom and someone else is coming to flatten the concrete. The concrete was too dry when it was put down, so there are lots of hills and valleys in it. That is where we start. From the ground up!! So, all is going smoothly. I know I said I would take pictures of the paint last week, but I have not done that. I keep trying to get over this head cold and only do "the basics". That entails alot of stuff!!! I am off to make wheat free pizza because we are going to my nieces b-day party here in town. Yum!!!

2 comments:

Grant and Stacy said...

I saw "New In Town" last night. It's a movie set in Minnesota during the middle of winter. I was cold just watching it and was reminded how glad I am that I live in California!

shuttle5 said...

Wow, you are quite the wheat-free baker. I'm proud of you. When I come I will get your recipes! AND I am soooo glad your piano will be working. I am really excited about that. Fun news...